Hide MyDocuments and Libraries from Explorer's tree? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want the windows explorer NOT to show my documents folder in the folder tree - I do not use these folders (My Music, My Pictures, ...) and they are always there - very prominent and very annoying.

To hide the libraries there was a registry key, I had to change - but I couldn't find any similar for the user's document folders.

So, how can I prevent this folder from being displayed directly under "Desktop" in the explorer's folder tree?

Thanks

Konrad

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

You can try to the steps below to hide the folders under “Desktop”.

Open Windows Explorer>Organization>Folder and search options. In the general tab, clean the option of Show all folders under the Navigation pane.

To hide the folder under the Libraries, you can right-click the folder and click Don’t show in the navigation pane.

To hide the folder under the Favorites, you can right-click the folder and click Remove.

Meanwhile, you can remove the Libraries and Favorites via editing a registry key.

How to Add or Remove the "Libraries" Folder from the Windows 7 Navigation Pane

Windows 7 - Favorites - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. 

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:58 AM