The page you are attempting to save has been modified by another user since you began editing. Choose one of the following options: Options: Preview Existing Version | Exit Without Saving" RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I click on the Edit Page option on the SharePoint 2007 site, I get the following message

The page you are attempting to save has been modified by another user since you began editing. Choose one of the following options: Options:  Preview Existing Version  |  Exit Without Saving

When I click on Exit without Saving, I get the same message again

And in the drop option on the left I get the following options,

Checkout - active

Save & Stop Editing - Active

Override Checkout - Greyed Out

Save - Greyed Out

I want to add a web part to this page, how can I edit the same

Please let me know

• Moved by star.warsModerator Tuesday, March 6, 2012 1:36 AM admin question (From:SharePoint - Enterprise Content Management (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, March 5, 2012 11:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Whenever I click on the Edit Page option on the SharePoint 2007 site, I get the following message

The page you are attempting to save has been modified by another user since you began editing. Choose one of the following options: Options:  Preview Existing Version  |  Exit Without Saving

When I click on Exit without Saving, I get the same message again

And in the drop option on the left I get the following options,

Checkout - active

Save & Stop Editing - Active

Override Checkout - Greyed Out

Save - Greyed Out

I want to add a web part to this page, how can I edit the same

Please let me know

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:47 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same issue and fixed it.

Please refer following post to fix this issue.

http://www.ofonesandzeros.com/2007/12/17/the-page-you-are-attempting-to-save-has-been-modified-by-another-user-since-you-began-editing

I am a very good fan of Microsoft Technologies. I love Programming ,and I am eager to learn New thin

Monday, March 5, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Here is what I would do: first check if you have appropriate permissions to add web parts. If yes, checkout before you make changes. Make changes and then check in. Note if there is "publish" option. If yes, you would need to click "publish" for your changes to appear. This should solve the problem.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:40 AM