none
Odd BitLocker behavior RRS feed

• Question

• BitLocker is displaying an odd behavior since I upgraded, but I'm not sure how to correct it.

When I plug in my USB drive I still get the Unlock Drive toast in the bottom right corner, but in the center of my screen I also get a second dialog box that reads (rather unhelpfully) that [driveletter]:\ "The directory name is invalid." I can click OK to get rid of the dialog box.

Then, after I enter my BitLocker password and click Unlock another unexpected behavior occurs: the Settings (modern Control Panel) UI opens.

Neither behavior seems to impact the reliability of BitLocker, but I'm perplexed at how to get rid of these nuisances. Any solutions or suggestions?

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, we have to use following command to repair system to check if it is caused by corrupted system file:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

Also, let me know if you can decrypt the USB driver and encrypt this drive to solve this issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 7, 2015 8:46 AM
    Owner