none
Exchange 2013 transport rules RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to achieve the following:

1. I have 2 domain names, aaa.com and bbb.com.
    The mailbox also has an SMTP address that consists of these two domain Names.
    2. I'm currently looking for some restrictions on the aaa.com domain name: A message/reminder is returned to the sender when internal and external users send to the mailbox using the aaa.com domain Name.

If possible, tell which transport rule and rule details should be used. Thank!

Also, I sincerely hope to get help here. I have asked for one question but nobody repay me since YESTERDAY.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hello , 

As per my knowledge you cannot achieve this by using the native options in exchange.

I don't think this can be achieved through transport rules .

For the external sender you may need to check on the options that you have in the gateway product to remind if someone from external domain sends a email to the recipient email address which belongs to the domain aaa.com.

Then for the internal recipients you can make use of the mail tips but it should be applicable to the whole recipient mailbox and not for the email address with specific domains in it .(i.e Mail tips will be notified for the internal senders when they send email either to the primary or secondary email address of that mailbox) .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:16 PM
  • Thanks, Nithyanandham.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? If there is anything unclear or any update, please feel free to post it here. If you have solved the issue, please mark the solution as answer, which could be beneficial for answer searching in the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 10:17 AM