Not Responding -- blue circle of constant application delays 10 sec - 30 sec (network related)??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• After fighting this for weeks on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 x64 with solid state drive.  Having explored as many options and diagnosing as follows:

The lenovo has had constant delays for months between actions with the little blue wheel at the mouse pointer and delays as long as 20-30 secs -- often with the "not responding" message in applications -- since I'm in Outlook all the time I figured oversize mailbox -- cleaned, filed, archived, optimized disk memory etc -- no change -- killed indexing -- no change -- killed startup items one-by-one -- no change -- eliminated every process I could while running -- no change -- upgraded everything (went to Outlook 2010) no change --I finally noticed today that while working wirelessly on another network --- I have no issues whatsoever -- somehow it seems to be related to being direct wired on my primary network (no server high speed DSL only) , but I have a mac plugged into the same switch right next to it with no issues --- I'm clueless, could it be network adapter? 

Friday, June 1, 2012 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you try to use clean boot mode to restart laptop first. The following link will guide you how to setup clean boot mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Also, observe the resource consumption in Task Manager when issue are occurring.

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:23 AM