File Save As Dialog | View Menu disabled and sometimes crashes calling program RRS feed

• Question

• The above image displays the 'View Menu' button that I am having trouble with.

When I click on it, either nothing happens OR the calling program crashes.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix it without any luck. There are sometimes Memory Access Violation error messages appearing on clicking but that doesn't happen with all calling programs either.

Thanks in advance ...

Glen.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Logon with clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

2 Run SFC /scannow with administrator in CMD:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

3 Create another administrator account and login to see if the same issue occurs.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Leo Huang

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for not responding earlier.

Yes, I tried each step of what you suggested however the problem remains. The clean boot procedure is something I didn't know existed and will come in very handy at times. The SFC /Scannow procedure is something I have done previously making a total now of 3-4 times without success.

I didn't mention before but selecting the "create New Folder" button also crashes the calling program unless the calling program catches the error and then just carries on as if nothing happened.

I've decided to upgrade to Win8 which should of course resolve this issue. If however you can suggest some other course of action to try I would be grateful.

Glen.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

Also try to boot with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

And if the issue persists, you can try to perform an in-place upgrade:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Friday, June 7, 2013 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, June 10, 2013 3:02 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ManlyBoy Monday, June 10, 2013 3:39 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 3:02 AM