none
Is there a way to re-trigger tasks updates in closed time periods RRS feed

• Question

• We have Project Server 2010 with the December 2012 CU applied. We use Single Entry Mode and have selected Only allow task updates via Tasks and Timesheets.

We have a number of projects where even after the task updates have been accepted (and the approval center shows them as processed, and the project is then published) the project does not show the actual work that is reflected in the timesheet.

We close time periods each week and do not reopen time periods (for various reasons). I am looking for a way to re-process the timesheet entries in those closed time periods after the transactions themselves have already been processed.

Is there a way to reset those transactions back to "Pending Approval" so they can be processed again?

Thank you.

-Jim

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hello Jim

You will have to open the periods.

However, somethings does seem right in what you described.  Timesheet approval is done by the timesheet (resource) manager,  the tasks need to be approved by the Project manager.  Did you check to see that the project manager approved the time to?   It is the approval of the project manager time, that goes into the project schedule and actual will appear.

So, for now, I would check with the project managers (owners) of schedule and see if they approved time.

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, May 24, 2013 2:38 AM
  •  

Thank you for your reply.

We are not approving timesheets. We leave timesheets unapproved. We've removed the Send Timesheet button altogether and just have a Save/Send Update button instead. That way, task updates are made available for Status Managers and resources can continue to enter time updates.

Therefore, we only process task updates. It is the task update that we need to retrigger and we need to do it for a large number of time periods, resources, and tasks, so opening the time period and manually resubmitting the timesheets is impractical.

What I am looking for is a way to mark the Assignment Transactions as pending, or create new Assignment Transactions en mass.

Thank you again.

-Jim

Friday, June 14, 2013 5:53 PM