none
Rebuild DPM after boot drive failure RRS feed

• Question

• I had DPM 2010 running on 2008 R2 SP1 in a Hyper-V guest.  The boot drive VHD was on a local disk to the parent server and the backup device is pass through disk to a iSCSI device.  It appears the local disk on the parent had a catastrophic failure on the RAID set that corrupted the boot VHD.  I am pretty sure I am going to have to rebuild the boot drive.  Is there a way to import the backups on the backup drive into the new instance of DPM cleanly?  I think the DPM DB was on the local drive as well since my main SQL is 2008 R2 and DPM didn't officially support that at release.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:28 PM

All replies

• If there's a disaster recovery set for DPMDB it might have helped or if the SQL is on remote machine it might've preserved DPMDB. If DPMDB is not present we can't import backups. But you can mount the volumes and access data.

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:05 PM
  • I have already rebuilt the server and wiped the backup drive to start over.  Didn't get any replies for a month so I couldn't wait.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:11 PM