Word 2010 Template Saving issues RRS feed

• Question

• When I save my new templates, they do not appear in the "My Templates" folder.  What is the path for this folder?  I can find the template in Recently created, but never in My Templates. I don't see a way to set the template path in the options section either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, March 21, 2014 5:53 PM

Answers

• When I save my new templates, they do not appear in the "My Templates" folder.  What is the path for this folder?  I can find the template in Recently created, but never in My Templates. I don't see a way to set the template path in the options section either.

File > Options > Advanced

Go to the bottom of the dialog; the button for file locations is there.

The location of user templates is the same template where you would find the normal template.

Normal Template in Microsoft Word - How to Find or Open the Normal Template

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:16 PM

All replies

The path of the folder is (on my Windows 7 machine):-

C:\Users\user_name\Documents

The above is also known as the Libraries / Documents folder.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:16 AM

File > Options > Advanced

Go to the bottom of the dialog; the button for file locations is there.

The location of user templates is the same template where you would find the normal template.

Normal Template in Microsoft Word - How to Find or Open the Normal Template

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:16 PM