Generic Resource Corruption in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I have come across a very weird issue relating to generic resources - I have a PS2013 SaaS solution and it has been working fine until we applied April 2013 CU.

    We noticed that we are unable to assign generic resources to tasks and the tasks that does have generic resource assigned had extremely large units e.g. 3000%.

    We also noticed that we have duplicate resource names and they have the same GUID! I was fairly shocked to see that. Has anyone come across this type of issue before or is it another of many unwanted PS2013 features when you apply CUs...something really important breaks :-)



    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:13 PM

All replies

  • After isolating the problem completely...I have managed to find the root cause and it is not April CU as we initially suspected...though it has introduced the baselining issue which Microsoft has accepted.

    The issue was with SQL Server running out of disk space while the publishing (with resource assignment of course) jobs were hitting the queue! It was our SaaS provider that let us down big time and caused this corruption.



    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:33 PM