Win 7 has a problem with copying and pasting new files with same name not overriding old files RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to copy a Win Access file (.mdb) to another folder with the same "old file name" the new file opens up with the "old file name" data.  I have tried deleting the old file and then copy it.  I also used shift-delete to permanently delete the old file, but the new file still shows up as the "old file" even though the attributes like Size shows in windows explorer the size of what the new file is.

I am using Access 2000.

Anybody run into this problem with Win 7?  Do you know if Microsoft is going to fix this???

JP Morrison
    Monday, December 6, 2010 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

How about copying and pasting other kinds of files in Windows 7?

I found that Access 2000 is not compatible with Windows 7, check this thread: Access 2000 database in Windows 7.

The workaround is using Windows XP Mode, it’s a new feature in Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.

I recommend you upgrade your Access in order to work in Windows 7.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, December 13, 2010 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:04 AM