Product Code RRS feed

• Question

• In using the Microsoft uninstall/install troubleshooter, the product code (not the install key code) was asked for in the process.  The example apparently is one of the long and complex numbers associated with the install process, but I have no way of identifying the code.  This code is requested if the software is not included in the list provided by the troubleshooter.

Where can I obtain the product code for Adobe Photoshop Elements 9?

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:12 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please see the following information:

I installed a program but I don't see it listed under Programs and Features. How do I uninstall it?

Only programs that were written for Windows will appear in Programs and Features. If you don't see the program listed and you want to uninstall the program, check the information that came with your program, or go to the manufacturer's website. Most programs install themselves in the C:\Program Files folder. Check this folder because some programs also include an uninstall program that you can try.

What can I try if the program won't uninstall?

If the program doesn't uninstall completely the first time, sometimes running the uninstall program a second time will succeed.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the program while Windows is running in Safe mode. For more information, search help for "safe mode."

If you installed the program recently, you can try using System Restore to return your computer's system files to an earlier date before you installed the program. For more information, search Help for "system restore."

If it still cannot be deleted, you may contact the manufacturer for further support.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:52 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:29 AM

All replies

• Try Belarc Advisor.
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

Please see the following information:

I installed a program but I don't see it listed under Programs and Features. How do I uninstall it?

Only programs that were written for Windows will appear in Programs and Features. If you don't see the program listed and you want to uninstall the program, check the information that came with your program, or go to the manufacturer's website. Most programs install themselves in the C:\Program Files folder. Check this folder because some programs also include an uninstall program that you can try.

What can I try if the program won't uninstall?

If the program doesn't uninstall completely the first time, sometimes running the uninstall program a second time will succeed.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the program while Windows is running in Safe mode. For more information, search help for "safe mode."

If you installed the program recently, you can try using System Restore to return your computer's system files to an earlier date before you installed the program. For more information, search Help for "system restore."

If it still cannot be deleted, you may contact the manufacturer for further support.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:52 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:29 AM