none
Calendar Use RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to have a calendar for a project I am working on, make it available to others, AND have items on it show my time as busy in the scheduling assistant.  I do not want to share my entire calendar, just the items for this project.  Also, I do not use Microsoft Project, so this is not items from there.  I have tried a calendar folder but either I set something up wrong, or it does not meet my needs.  Any assistance on where to look for a solution to my needs?

~K

Monday, April 16, 2012 6:12 PM

All replies

• You could create a project calendar mailbox and invite it to the appropriate meetings.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Maybe I didn't explain properly.  I want the times on this calendar to show up as busy on my calendar when people go to schedule my time.  I don't want to create appointments for each item and invite everyone so their time would show as busy as well IF they are sharing the calendar.  And I am not interested in setting these as meetings and scheduling everyone in the department, to have most of them deny a dozen or more items.  I have used other applications where I can have a calendar, share it to others, and have the items in that calendar show me as busy, but the company uses Outlook, so I am trying to find the best way to make it work for my needs.

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:12 PM
  • We can't always have what we want unless we can write our own code.  I gave you one way to accomplish what you want with out-of-the-box Exchange, if not exactly.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:21 PM