AppV hangs system on startup RRS feed

• Question

• More fun with Appv - I have installed version 4.5.1.1.15580 on some dual-core machines with Windows XP SP3, and when they log into the domain with the AppV server, they work beautifully.

However, I have no administrative password for the domain, only the local machine, so when I need to run updates, that's where I do them. In this mode, I have no credentials to log into the server. 

Maybe for this reason, or maybe for some other reason, whenever I log into the local machine as an administrator, the system locks up during startup. There was once a blue screen involving "Windows SubSystem system." 

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can anybody offer any suggestions?
    Friday, January 15, 2010 8:14 PM

Answers

• Haven't seen the BSOD since the one time. Every other time, which includes across multiple reverts (use ghost to re-image a previous, stable state)/reinstalls, the system hangs during startup. The reason I speculate it's AppV's fault is because the installation of AppV is one of the only two changes I've made on the system since it became unstable. The other is the removal of the Novell client we used to use for virtualization, but the system was still stable at that point. 
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, January 25, 2010 6:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:54 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried troubleshooting the root cause of the BSOD? I am not sure exactly that a BSOD would automatically translate it into beeing the app-v clients fault....

/Znack
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Haven't seen the BSOD since the one time. Every other time, which includes across multiple reverts (use ghost to re-image a previous, stable state)/reinstalls, the system hangs during startup. The reason I speculate it's AppV's fault is because the installation of AppV is one of the only two changes I've made on the system since it became unstable. The other is the removal of the Novell client we used to use for virtualization, but the system was still stable at that point. 
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, January 25, 2010 6:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:54 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:24 PM