none
Data Fetch Error off Main Project Server Page RRS feed

• Question

• I have found two issues in my clients Server instance where after a user logs in, they are immediately taken to the Project Center Page instead of the default 'Reminders' page for that specific user. In addition whenever someone tries to go to Site Actions from the main page a 'data fetch' error is shown.

I've attempted to create a new instance and use the v4.master from the instance that isn't working and it shows up correctly, so I'm lost on why the data fetch error is showing along with why the original home page no longer shows after logging in.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi, can I assume that this isn't Project Online?  If it isn't I will move to a more suitable forum.  Not  sure why you are getting these redirections, but not a good idea to play around with changing the master on a PWA site (although that does not appear to be where your error is).

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Monday, June 10, 2013 10:41 PM
    Owner
  • It is for Project Server 2010. I was not attempting to modify the master page, but was told that was what might have happened prior and have caused the issue. So my immediate thought was to create a new instance and then use that master page to see if it would fix the error. That was unsuccessful though...
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:10 AM