billing on-premises SfB-PSTN calls RRS feed

• Question

• I want to bill my employees (on-premise  SfB users) as they place PSTN calls to my local PSTN provider. How do I go about it?

Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:38 AM

All replies

• Please I really need your ideas, advices.  Thanks.
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:40 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Hi Bertrand Ndakena,

For your requirement, you could use SFB monitoring report --- Call Detail Report to check the call duration information, the Call Detail Report provides a detailed look at an individual call; the report includes nearly all the Quality of Experience metrics and statistics collected by Skype for Business Server 2015, please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558637.aspx

Here is another article about Call List Report in Skype for Business Server 2015https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg615020.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 3:03 AM
  • Hi Shankar  Paulraj,

Thanks greatly for your reply.  Maybe I did not put it well, I want the PSTN gateway to depend on my decision (using a billing software) to  establish a call. That's a sort of prepaid billing. In other words, how do I interrupt a call request from a SfB user to PSTN, check the user's CDR and then decide whether the call should be established or not?

Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Hi Alice Grace Wang;

Thanks greatly for your reply.  Maybe I did not put it well, I want the PSTN gateway to depend on my decision (using a billing software) to  establish a call. That's a sort of prepaid billing. In other words, how do I interrupt a call request from a SfB user to PSTN, check the user's CDR and then decide whether the call should be established or not?  Is there a way I can do a SIP trunking between SfB mediation server a a billing software? can the mediation server provide enough information about the caller and of course the callee for  the billing system to do it job. Please I hope I'm not asking so many  questions, but I really need this.  want to bill them in real time, using a 3rd party billing software.  

Thanks and BR.

Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Deleted
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hello Shankar,

Thank you sincerely for your help. I will like to explain what  I have decided to do so that you may help analyse it for me.  I intend to use a SIP sever with (AAA capabilities)  between SfB mediation server and the PSTN gateway. the SIP server will then communicate with my billing system, either a 3rd party or integrated  in the SIP server, in that way, my SIP server(Billing system) will have to establish a call to a PSTN user based on the decision by the billing system. meaning I will have to provision each Skype for business user in my billing system and allocate them some airtime based on the company's policies. 

Please If there is anything I'm not getting right, can you please clarify me on that? I'm just new in SfB and I have  to make sure this work.

At the level of voice policies, I have employees who are entitled to PSTN usages, but they abuse it! So I want to  have control over it in Real-time without confrontation.

Once again, thank you sincerely!

I'm waiting for your usual and fast reply.

Friday, August 18, 2017 8:35 PM
  • Hi Bertrand,

For your requirement, based on my research, so far, there is no method to achieve this goal.

We suggest you post in Lync SDK forum, there may be some engineers will help you develop it, thanks for your understanding and support.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=SfB

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 28, 2017 7:03 AM
  • Hello everyone, and thanks for the replies!

Sorry for coming back this late.

I was able to find a solution. I had to reroute all SFB calls targeting the Voice gateway to and Asterisk server. Then I was able to use A2Biling(which is an asterisk based billing system) to account for those calls before before rerouting them to the voice gateway.

Hope this helps some other person.

Monday, April 20, 2020 9:00 AM