none
Reporting (WSS Sync) Failed but not blocking correlation RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Few of the project sites in my project server are getting following queue errors : "Reporting (WSS Sync)  Failed but not blocking correlation" .  Detailed error message is mentioned below.

Error summary/areas:

ReportingWssSyncListFailed

ReportingWssTransferLinksFailed

ReportingWSSSyncMessageFailed

ReportingWssSyncHRefFailed

Queue
    GeneralQueueJobFailed
    Error details:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <errinfo>
      <general>
        <class name="Reporting Wss list sync failed">
          <error id="24018" name="ReportingWssSyncListFailed" uid="0a240cc4-384b-4a3b-b4dd-5b5d32321c91" SPListType="1100" Error="Mismatched transaction." />
            </class>
        <class name="Reporting transfer WSS links failed.">
          <error id="24019" name="ReportingWssTransferLinksFailed" uid="514dd748-d024-4308-be6e-31c6ec9f1e9d" Error="Mismatched transaction." />
             </class>
        <class name="Reporting message processor failed">
              <error id="24016" name="ReportingWSSSyncMessageFailed" uid="80ebec4a-aaf1-49d5-a78d-ef93e84a9706" QueueMessageBody="ProjectUID='c97d577a-f09b-487d-8359-081f5d92de9c'. ForceFullSync='False'" Error="RDS failed while trying to sync one or more SP lists. The RDS queue message will be retried." />
        </class>
        <class name="Reporting ProjectWorkspaceInternalHRef field sync failed">
                <error id="24021" name="ReportingWssSyncHRefFailed" uid="658efd75-9638-4d74-aadb-7366c836e1d1" Error="Mismatched transaction." />
        </class>
        <class name="Queue">
          <error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="f7f17e80-a40e-4cf5-a1d0-3a320fbb98e0" JobUID="6dba8eef-40c7-4538-8471-9c09afbb96f0" ComputerName="VALVCSAPP010VM" GroupType="ReportingWSSSync" MessageType="WSSSyncMessageEx" MessageId="1" Stage="" />
        </class>
      </general>
    </errinfo>

After doing some googling, I have found resloution like mentioned below.

1.     In the “Issue” list item there could be some issue item’s where “Assigned To” and “Owner” columns values are BLANK

Update these values for all the listed issue items.

2.     Now Publish the project plan

3.     In Manage queue hopefully you will not see Reporting (WSS Sync ) error

I have open one of my faulty workspace, but what I have found there, that workspace already had values for both "Assigned To" and "Owner" field for each and every "Risk, Issue etc" items.

So, kindly let me know other possible cause and resolution of this issue.

Thanks

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:38 AM

Answers

• One more reason for this error is.

For most of workspaces in my organizaion PM have changed the data type of "Assigned To" field in issue list.

By default in "Assigned To" field "Allow multiple users is set to False".

But they have changed it to True and have assigned a Issue to multiple users which is causing this issue.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, November 15, 2010 10:08 AM
  • Thnx Jack,

In my organizaion we have almost 200 workspace and most of them suffering from this issue.

What we have decided to create a new workspace template.

Regarding this please guide me what are the precautions I have to take before deploying this Workspace template at PWA. So that it will not give us the same error as mentioned above while publishing the project.

As far as precautions are concerns as you mentioned above and I have read from one of the article is that:

"Your customized workspace must contain few default List and Libraries and their respective columns ", so what are those default list and libraries and their respective columns kindly let me know so that I can build a brand new workspace which will not give us any Reporting(WSSSync) Issue .

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

The best advice I can give for this is that the default Risk and Issue Lists should not have any fields removed or renamed. You can hide the fields if you do not want them, but do not remove them.

Second, if you add new lists or modify lists, test it in a development environment before deploying.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:15 PM

All replies

• If you go the the ULS logs on the server that has project server installed you may be able to find more specifics about that error.

Missing data is one thing, but often people customize the risk, issue and action item lists and get rid of some of the required fields (category, status ... etc.)

These cause the same error. Look at the ULS logs and see what they tell you, then work on getting the list straightened out.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Thnx Jack,

In my organizaion we have almost 200 workspace and most of them suffering from this issue.

Regarding this please guide me what are the precautions I have to take before deploying this Workspace template at PWA. So that it will not give us the same error as mentioned above while publishing the project.

As far as precautions are concerns as you mentioned above and I have read from one of the article is that:

"Your customized workspace must contain few default List and Libraries and their respective columns ", so what are those default list and libraries and their respective columns kindly let me know so that I can build a brand new workspace which will not give us any Reporting(WSSSync) Issue .

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, November 12, 2010 9:20 AM
  • Thnx Jack,

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

The best advice I can give for this is that the default Risk and Issue Lists should not have any fields removed or renamed. You can hide the fields if you do not want them, but do not remove them.

Second, if you add new lists or modify lists, test it in a development environment before deploying.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:15 PM
  • Thnx once again Jack,

Ok I understand that we cant rename and remove default list and library and their respective columns which are included in MS Project Workspace Template.

I have few queries like:

1), Adding few additional column to Risk and Issue and any other default list or library can cause this syncing error or not. 

2) One more thing what if I change the default choices of Status field in Issue list, is this can cause the Sync error as well.

Kindly help me to clear my doubts for above mentioned points.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:38 PM
  • One more reason for this error is.

For most of workspaces in my organizaion PM have changed the data type of "Assigned To" field in issue list.

By default in "Assigned To" field "Allow multiple users is set to False".

But they have changed it to True and have assigned a Issue to multiple users which is causing this issue.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, November 15, 2010 10:08 AM