Outlook 2010 Delegate cannot accept meeting request from PST folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a user cannot accept delegate meeting requests when they are stored in a local personal folder. They can be accepted from the inbox and any subfolder but not from any PST file folder. The error message that appears is:

"Cannot open Calendar folder for user $username$. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user"

Please note, the user was able to do this in Outlook 2007, no permissions were changed, just an upgrade to Outlook 2010. The user has delegate access for upwards of 5 managers which all do not work.

Also the calendar for the meeting attendee is not accessible from the preview pane, it shows the same message, so its not so much the "Accept Button" but the access to the other users calendar from the PST file.
    Any ideas?? I can't find anything on the net for this one...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Why is your user doing that?  I don't understand why anyone would want that.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:37 AM
  • I tried to see if she would use sub-folders of her inbox as they work their but she has insisted on this solutions, its just how she has set it up.... I know its probably a long shot, but it did work in Outlook 2007 and I cannot see why it wouldnt work now?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Hi, I have the same issue. We are used to use auto mail transfer facility came with outlook version.

With the new version of Outlook 2010 users cannot accept calender request from local personal folder. Please give us a solution

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:19 AM
  • I recommend that both of you post your question to the Outlook newsgroup as this appears to have nothing to do with Exchange Server.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by hallnet Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:21 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by hallnet Friday, February 11, 2011 4:41 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:42 AM
  • Hi Hallnet,

Sure, if you have any update please post here.

Best regards!
    Gavin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Answer Here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/3b5b8c58-8542-4f56-84f2-29659838179f

Note the answer was provided by MS support, not technet forums.

• Marked as answer by hallnet Friday, February 11, 2011 4:41 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 4:41 AM