none
microsoft edge and silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have recently installed Windows 10 and have also obviously got Microsoft Edge as my new web browser. However, I am unable to watch BT Sport on the chosen browser, as it requires Microsoft Silverlight to run, which is not available.

I therefore have to run it on IE which constantly crashes and re boots. Is there a way to get it on the new browser?

Saturday, August 1, 2015 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Buleboy,

Base on my search, Microsoft Edge development team writes on its official blog :

"Support for ActiveX has been discontinued in Microsoft Edge, and that includes removing support for Silverlight"

So, I'm afraid you cannot get it on the new browser if it must be run with the Silverlight plug-in.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi, I have recently installed Windows 10 and have also obviously got Microsoft Edge as my new web browser. However, I am unable to watch BT Sport on the chosen browser, as it requires Microsoft Silverlight to run, which is not available.

I therefore have to run it on IE which constantly crashes and re boots. Is there a way to get it on the new browser?

same problem for me too, on BT Sport it says 'Google chrome no longer supports Microsoft Silverlight...' even though I am using Microsoft Edge.
    Saturday, August 1, 2015 10:12 PM
  • Hi Buleboy,

Base on my search, Microsoft Edge development team writes on its official blog :

"Support for ActiveX has been discontinued in Microsoft Edge, and that includes removing support for Silverlight"

So, I'm afraid you cannot get it on the new browser if it must be run with the Silverlight plug-in.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:37 AM