Define Two PSTN Gateways and route calls accordingly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My client has a offices in US and also in Thailand. This is a hosted Lync setup, hosted at datacenter in US. We have a PSTN gateway defined in US and it is used by all users for calls to US and other countries. They have a PBX in their Thailand office and I am sure i can connect to their PBX over there. I am planning to define Thailand PBX as second PSTN gateway.

What I want to do is define dial plan in such a way that calls to Thailand will go through Thailand PSTN gateway and rest of the calls should go out via US PSTN gateway. How can I do that. Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

PLease deploy a mediation server in the Thailand. The mediation server connects the PBX via a PSTN gateway. You need to create two Route polices in the voice policy. Every Route policy associates a PSTN gateway. Build hte patten to match with country code in Route Policy to let the calls to be routed to the right PSTN.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:58 AM
  • HI

You need to build the separate mediation server.

• Deploy the Mediation server
      • Add Gateway ( Thailand Mediation server)
      • Create appropriate dial plan and routing

Also you consider the usage of the Thailand and you can deploy The SBS over there office.

Saturday, September 1, 2012 1:08 AM
  • Do I need to create a second MediationServer over there. Can I can connect Thailand PBX as second PSTN Gateway on existing Mediation Server.

I tried and I was able to define Thailand PBX as second PSTN on the same Mediation Server. Is there any drawback to this approach.

In the current Route Policy, I have one policy which has local, long distance and internal patterns defined and associated to US PSTN Gateway. Do I need to create one with allowed digits '01166' and associate the Thailand Gateway to it.

How to prevent the call going via US PSTN Gateway.

Thanks,

Lisa

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:20 AM
  • Hi,

Delete the Thailand country code from the patten associated with US PSTN gateway. The US Route will not route the calls to US PSTN gateway if the call number is not match its patten. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:31 AM
  • You do not need to create a second Mediation server.  The only drawback is if the WAN connection between the Mediation server and gateway is poor, repeated problems will cause it to mark the gateway as 'down' and not use it for a period.

Yes, create a Route policy for the Thailand phone numbers you want associated with the PBX, and link that to a PSTN useage separate from the US PSTN one.  The order of PSTN useage in the Voice Policy matters, so if the Thailand one appears first, and the phone number matches the route, the call will be sent to the Thailand PBX.  Otherwise, Lync will go to the next PSTN useage, match to the US PSTN gateway, and send it there.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:36 PM