Product Key for Windows Vista Needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, on the release of  the Windows Vista RTM I downloaded a copy but didn't receive a Product Key, therefore am unable to use the OS.  I have contacted Microsoft about this but I have had no word back from them. Does anyone supply keys for Windows Vista if not received or lost?

Key needed for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x86.
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:03 AM

Answers

• From where did you download this copy? The only places to get it legally is from TechNet Plus or MSDN Subscriptions. You should contact this one you got your Vista from to help you recovering/finding your key.

Good luck

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:09 PM

All replies

• The only way to get another key (legally) is to contact Microsoft 1-800-642-7676, and they will issue you one
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 1:32 PM
  • From where did you download this copy? The only places to get it legally is from TechNet Plus or MSDN Subscriptions. You should contact this one you got your Vista from to help you recovering/finding your key.

Good luck

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:09 PM
  • Is this number based in the UK or the US because I'm from the UK. Does it cost to phone?
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:20 PM
  • Hi Vista Tester,

For help in the UK for MSDN or TechNet subscriptions, please follow these instructions. Part 1 is for TechNet and part 2 is for MSDN.

-------

1) TechNet

a) I found a link for TechNet UK. I must apologize. The link does not work. You will have to use the link for a different country or use the following steps which I used for TechNet U.S.

Side note:  If you follow the below MSDN steps, in part "f" you will find a link

for TechNet U.K.  That's the one that is broken. I again apologize.

b) To get to the U.S. TechNet site:

c) http://support.microsoft.com/

d) at the bottom - "support services"

e) near the bottom, "TechNet support"

f) on the right, part way down  "Microsoft TechNet subscriptions"

g) on the right - existing & first time subscribers

if first time, setup your account

h) under "existing subscribers"   

Click here to access your benefits, such as Subscriber downloads and product keys.

------

2) MSDN

a) http://support.microsoft.com/

b) lower left, "international support"

c) drop box - UK & click arrow

d) scroll to bottom, click "Microsoft Support and Service Offerings"

e) Inside the section "No-Charge Support"

Click on     "You are a member of the MSDN Programme"

(There is also a TechNet link here, but it's broken)

f) on the right - existing & first time subscribers

if first time, setup your account

g) under "existing subscribers"   

Click here to access your benefits, such as Subscriber downloads and product keys.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Time to close this thread...
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:07 PM