none
RE: Outlook 2016 Calendar Appointment Question

Question

• A few days ago, I created an calendar invite and added it to my calendar for 4 days(same day of the week) over 4 weeks. Pretty simple stuff here....

1. Originally, I created the distro group, "Group X" in the my outlook and added the users.

2. Created the invite and saved it.

3. Add the distro group and mailed it.

I have these questions now.

1. One of the users left the company, I went and modified the distro list first. Then, I cleared out the old lists and put in the intellisensed the new one.

2. The users got two emails. One with the updated that still went to the old user(first) and then a cancelled invite that also went to the old user(second).

3. I reopened the invite and sent it again and it was right then.

What happened here? The only way I saw the details was that I added my gmail to the distro list so I could see the what the users see. Do you think this might be a bug?

• Edited by ResidentX10 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:10 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Nevermind. Outlook send them both at the same time. Outlook sent the Canceled one first then the Updated one but the user's mailbox got the updated one first and then the canceled, lol.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:21 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

According to your post above, it seems that your query has been resolved, right?

If so, do you mind helping mark your reply as answer then it will be easier for others who might have a similar issue to find the useful one?

If you still have concerns on this, please feel free to post back and we are glad to help you :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:04 AM
  • I think Microsoft needs to look at how they timestamp/distance the messages for better communication but yes this is resolved.
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:06 AM