IIS Web Site State view filtering error in CU3 and CU4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Don't know if this is a bug or what, but I can consistantly reproduce this behaviour in our environment.  On a console that has been patched to CU4 (6.1.7221.61), when we try to filter the Web Site State View under the MS Windows IIS  Management Pack, the items returned are significantlly fewer (2) than on an RTM (6.1.7221.0) console (16) when filtering for the same string. We are SCOM 2007 R2 on Windows Server 2003 machines.   Anybody seen this behaviour before?

Regards,

Noah Deah

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Noah,

I'm not yet sure what changed, but I can repro your situation in my test environment. At this time I don't see any way to work around the issue.

As this appears to be important to you, I would like to suggest that you open a case with CSS so we can get this investigated quickly and provide you a fix if necessary.

Thanks,

Chris

SCOM Team

PM for Sustained Engineering

Chris Harris [MSFT] Program Manager System Center Operations Manager
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Noah,

I haven't seen this problem mentioned before. Have you confirmed that your console does not have scoping enabled? If scoping is enabled, you should see a banner at the top of the view that says "Monitoring is now scoped to: ..."

Thanks,

Chris

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply.... :-)

Here are some screen shots from two different console versions both pointing at the same Management Group.  The first is an un-patched OpsMgr 2007 R2 RTM version (6.1.7221.0).

The second lot is from an OpsMgr 2007 R2 console machine patched to CU4 (6.1.7221.61).  You can see that both consoles show the same number of web sites before filtering is applied and that scoping has not been enabled.

Thanks again.

Noah Deah

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:00 PM
  • I've just noticed a possible explanation as to the filtering difference.    When you right-click on the column headings to get to "Personalize view", in both versions of the console there are two "Path" column headings listed.  In the RTM console version (the one I'm assuming is correct), the Path column contains the fully qualified host name ... which is what we want to filter on.  In the CU4 version, the Path column shows the directory structure path on the host.

I've tried choosing the other "Path" column heading on both consoles, thinking there were two sets of information, but the second one doesn't appear at all, I mean the column just won't instantiate on the view under either console.  So you are left with only the default "Path" data. 

What we want to be able to do is filter on the host name to see all its web sites.

Noah

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Hi Noah,

I'm not yet sure what changed, but I can repro your situation in my test environment. At this time I don't see any way to work around the issue.

As this appears to be important to you, I would like to suggest that you open a case with CSS so we can get this investigated quickly and provide you a fix if necessary.

Thanks,

Chris

SCOM Team

PM for Sustained Engineering

Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:18 AM