locked
Exchange 2010 sp1 Public folder user addition permission "Add-PublicFolderClientPermission Failed to modify the MAPI.NET table property of the object error" RRS feed

  • Question

  • We are receiving the below error while trying to add more than 200 users to Exchange 2010 sp1 public folder permissions, only able to replace the user but not able to add further user. Is there any default limitation applied on Public folders users permission?

    --------------------------------------------------------
    Microsoft Exchange Error
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The following error(s) occurred while saving changes:

    Add-PublicFolderClientPermission
    Failed
    Error:
    Failed to modify the MAPI.NET table property of the object "000000001A447390AA6611CD9BC800AA002FC45A030019E0B2347BF1014383E70FA203E911810000001CE0FB0000" on server "example.domain.com". See inner exception for more information.

    MapiExceptionTooBig: Unable to modify table. (hr=0x80040305, ec=-2147220731)
    Diagnostic context:
        Lid: 40487   EMSMDBMT.EcDoRpcExt2 called [length=204]
        Lid: 56871   EMSMDBMT.EcDoRpcExt2 returned [ec=0x0][length=332][latency=62]
        Lid: 23226   --- ROP Parse Start ---
        Lid: 27962   ROP: ropModifyACL [64]
        Lid: 17082   ROP Error: 0x80040305
        Lid: 27745  
        Lid: 21921   StoreEc: 0x80040305
        Lid: 27962   ROP: ropExtendedError [250]
        Lid: 1494    ---- Remote Context Beg ----
        Lid: 26426   ROP: ropModifyACL [64]
        Lid: 22086  
        Lid: 22086  
        Lid: 21970   StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x3D210102
        Lid: 19149   Error: 0x0
        Lid: 24509   Error: 0x0
        Lid: 31229   Error: 0x0
        Lid: 21970   StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x668F0040
        Lid: 6671    StoreEc: 0x8004010F
        Lid: 21970   StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x65E30102
        Lid: 21970   StoreEc: 0x8004010F PropTag: 0x65E20102
        Lid: 25826  
        Lid: 11956   StoreEc: 0x80040305 PropTag: 0xE270102
        Lid: 5119    StoreEc: 0x80040305
        Lid: 5247    StoreEc: 0x80040305
        Lid: 17916   StoreEc: 0x80040305
        Lid: 4814    StoreEc: 0x80040305
        Lid: 1750    ---- Remote Context End ----
        Lid: 26849  
        Lid: 21817   ROP Failure: 0x80040305
        Lid: 29150  
        Lid: 20446   StoreEc: 0x80040305




    --------------------------------------------------------
    OK
    --------------------------------------------------------

    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:28 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi

    Perhaps it is due to the DACL(discretionary access control list) corruption.

    You can fix it using PFDavAdmin.

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22427

    Hope that helps

    Cheers


    Zi Feng

    TechNet Community Support


    • Edited by Zi FengModerator Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by PK M Friday, September 28, 2012 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zi FengModerator Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:59 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:53 AM
    Moderator
  • Have you tried through powershell ?

    Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -Identity \"<item name>" -AccessRights
    PublishingEditor -User "<user>"

    please create new folder & then check .


    Don't forget to mark helpful or answer

    connect me :-

    http://in.linkedin.com/in/satya11

    http://facebook.com/satya.1000

    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:20 AM
  • We have tried with ExFolders to modify but no luck, still the same error. 
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:58 PM
  • Yes we have tried above said powershell option as well new folder option but same issue.
    • Edited by Abiraj Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:03 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Hi

    Try to access PublicFolders via the Outlook and created a new folder, then moved all his PublicFolders and exclude this error

    Hope it can help

    Cheers


    Zi Feng

    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, September 28, 2012 7:47 AM
    Moderator
  • Abiraj,

    As "Zi Feng" suggested it is definitely something to do with the Corrupted DACL on the Folder we are trying to add the Permissions to. Using Exfolders should really help!

    I am also including one other reference document which talks about Non-Canonical-ACL's and i believe hopefully following this link would fix your issue

    Download EXFolders for E2K10 SP1 & Later

    New Version of ExFolders Fixes Non-Canonical ACLs


    • Edited by PK M Monday, October 1, 2012 4:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zi FengModerator Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:59 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 8:13 AM