Taskbar issues - aero active RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

Whilst i'm likeing the new windows 7 I'm having numerous issues with the taskbar and desktop...

- Previews are not displaying for any taskbar item and never had, previews are enabled and aero is running.

- Newly launched items do not appear in the taskbar unless the program crashed, when sometimes it will. If a crashed program appears in the taskbar it can not be removed!

- when clicking off an application window, say firefox, and onto the desktop the firefox window dissapears, as previews are not displaying the only way bring the window back is to alt+tab or windows+tab to it.

I'm unsure if this is the display drivers or my config... everything else runs smooth, i've payed Team fortress for hours on this thing with no issue.

Only thing I have noticed is that my set up is not keen on dual monitors, so i'm sticking with one for the time being.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

details of the system below:

O_S : Win7 Beta (7000) installed over Vista Ultimate 32bit
    M_B : Asus P5K Deluxe
    CPU : intel core 2 Quad (Q6600)
    MEM : 4GB 1066fsb
    HDD : C: 120GB Raid 0 (2x WD Raptor 64GB), E: 128GB WD Raptor, F: 250GB WD RE2
    GPU : ATI 2900XT (running WDM 1.1 Drivers)
    DSP : 2x Iiyama Vison Master Pro 454  @ 1600X1200 (only running one at present due to dual screen isues)
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi, and thanks for the comments.

I could unpin fine, its just that no othr function of the taskbar was working at all!

I have now resolved the issue, a complete and fresh reinstall on a formatted drive, It's likely that the upgrade from vista was at fault. My taskbar now does everything it should. and I love it! this is a great step forward MS well done!

KR
    Chris
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:14 PM

All replies

• Further to my last comment, if i end the explorer process and restart it the taskbar is updated with the windows that are currently open. however closing a window does not remove it from the taskbar and the previews still are not displaying....

any ideas?
    Monday, February 2, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Was this an upgrade from Vista, or a fresh install?
    Monday, February 2, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Win7 Beta (7000) was installed over Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Monday, February 2, 2009 4:51 PM
  • Rightclick the taskbar icon in question, and choose 'unpin'
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Monday, February 2, 2009 10:57 PM
  • Hi, and thanks for the comments.

I could unpin fine, its just that no othr function of the taskbar was working at all!

I have now resolved the issue, a complete and fresh reinstall on a formatted drive, It's likely that the upgrade from vista was at fault. My taskbar now does everything it should. and I love it! this is a great step forward MS well done!

KR
    Chris
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:14 PM