Why the "Separate List" command grayed out on the contextual menu sometimes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I currently run into a situation when right click on a bulleted list, the "Separate List" command grayed out sometimes.

Despite of this happening occasionally, I'd like to know the cause.

By the way, I use Word 2010.

Thanks.

Regards,

VC

Friday, February 10, 2017 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi VC,

To use the Separate List in a bulleted list, please do not select multiple lists, just right-click in one specific list line which you want to separate it, then the "Separate List" would be available. For example:

Hope it helps. If you have any further question about it, feel free to let me know :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This problem happens occasionally. Earlier of today I found the "Separate List" command available, but now it's grayed out again.

Any idea on why it happens?

Regards,

VC

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Hi VC,

To use the Separate List in a bulleted list, please do not select multiple lists, just right-click in one specific list line which you want to separate it, then the "Separate List" would be available. For example:

Hope it helps. If you have any further question about it, feel free to let me know :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:04 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Thanks for your sharing. I would stick to the rule in the future use.

Regards, 

VC

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:02 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Thanks for your sharing. I would stick to the rule in the future use.

Regards, 

VC

You are welcome :)

Have a good day!

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:17 AM