bundled protection profile RRS feed

• Question

• I am a novice trying to either import a bundle protection profile or instruct the EMET to cover all my applications  EMET_Conf.exe --import "deployment\protection profiles\all.xml"

I am XP and used the prompt above get a response that my system cannot find the file

Most likely I am missing something very simple.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Ed

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:07 PM

All replies

• What happens if you enclose the entire path in quotes, instead of just starting with the Deployment folder?  Just look in Program Files\Emet or whatever and get the whole path to the file, and see if it works then.  Or just import it from the GUI.

Dave Nickason - SBS MVP

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:05 PM
  • I just tried that. I am very much a novice. I coped and pasted EMET_Conf.exe --import "deployment\protection profiles\all.xml" and removed the quote before deployment and put it before EMET like this: "EMET_Conf.exe --import deployment\protection profiles\all.xml"

I am going to the Run command and entering it and getting a response that Windows cannot locate the file

I really just want to cover all my application either be using a bundle package or a command that will direct it to all the programs I have loaded.

I appreciate your help

Ed Schultze

Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:09 AM
  • I'm not sure we're on the same version (I'm running 3.5 Tech Preview).  Can you open EMET from the start menu or tray icon, click Configure Appls.  Then in the resulting window, click File -> Import.  Browse to c:\Program Files\EMET\Deployment\Protection Profiles and select All.xml.  OK out and you should be all set.

This doesn't really cover every application on the PC - it's the common ones, though.  After you import you'll see the list. 

By the way, probably what's happening is that the command you're pasting expects you to run it from a cmd promt at c:\Program Files\EMET.  That should work because \Deployment is in that path.  It should work as expected if you run it from there rather than from the Run line. 

Dave Nickason - SBS MVP

Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:24 PM
  • THAT  DID IT!!!

Thanks a million

Ed

Ed Schultze

Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:38 PM