Using Google Maps in Azure websites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've  developed a website in Windows Azure environment using C#,ASP.NET.

This application demands for inclusion of Google Map functionality in one of the page. We obtained API Key by registering with Google Maps and embedded the key in the code. But we are getting error message asking to obtain new API key repeatedly.

Is there any solution to this..Is Windows Azure websites support Google Maps functionality?

Thanks,

Utam

Monday, November 1, 2010 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Utam,

When deploying your website on cloud, the site domain may get changed, I doubt if Google would require a new API key for new domain, you'd better check it with Google.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Monday, November 8, 2010 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it work in your development fabric? I can't think of any particular reason why Google Maps wouldn't work in Windows Azure. All calls to the Google Maps services are made client-side (with Javascript).

It's been a long time since I looked at integrating Google Maps, but isn't the API key related to the URL of your app? I can imagine that this causes some trouble.

With regards,

Patriek
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:36 AM
  • Hi Utam,

When deploying your website on cloud, the site domain may get changed, I doubt if Google would require a new API key for new domain, you'd better check it with Google.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Monday, November 8, 2010 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:02 AM