none
Can't install IE nor open it RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 32-bit with the latest updates.

recently had problems with Internet Explorer 10 so through programs and features I removed it. When I try to open IE it cannot be found in All Programs and in the Internet Explorer folder in Programs there is no iexplore.exe. install IE 9 I receive the following error " Internet Explorer did not finish installing. IE 9 is already installed on this system"//

When I try to install IE 10 I receive the following " IE did not finish installing   Setup can't continue because a more recent version of IE is installed on your computer".

Running sfc /scannow found no errors. When I go to Internet Options in the Control Panel the General tab has only the appearance and browsing history options. 

Any suggestions on how I can install IE 9 or 10 again is appreciated.

Irecently had problems with Internet Explorer 10 so through programs and features I removed it. When I try to open IE it cannot be found in All Programs and in the Internet Explorer folder in Programs there is no iexplore.exe. install IE 9 I receive the following error "
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:15 PM

Answers

• I suggest you to reinstall IE feature via Turn Windows features on or off.
    1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Clear the check box before Internet Explorer 10. Reboot the computer.
    3. And then, select the check box before Internet Explorer 10 to reinstall Internet Explorer 10.

Refer the below link for more details:

Turn Windows features on or off
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 5:23 AM