Moving an email message from inbox to a folder and the message just dissapears RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2003, outlook 2007

I have a user who often moves messages from the inbox to one of many folders he has created.  He even does this for sent messages.  Has worked for years.

Today he reports that he noticed that his moved messages are no longer appearing in the folders.  I tried this from my account and it too is exhibiting the same result.

Our message store is quite large, but I have implemented the registry setting to allow it to be larger.

Any idea on why our moved messages are disapearing?

Checked from OWA as well and seeing the same thing

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:14 PM

Answers

• Exchange 2003, outlook 2007

I have a user who often moves messages from the inbox to one of many folders he has created.  He even does this for sent messages.  Has worked for years.

Today he reports that he noticed that his moved messages are no longer appearing in the folders.  I tried this from my account and it too is exhibiting the same result.

Our message store is quite large, but I have implemented the registry setting to allow it to be larger.

Any idea on why our moved messages are disapearing?

Checked from OWA as well and seeing the same thing

OK, I found the problem.  When the user was moving the messages his archive folder was expanded and he was inadvertently moving the messages into his archive.  I will be able to move them back to the proper folders.  Was freaking out for a bit thinking they had gone into the ether.
    • Marked as answer by Roveer Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:48 PM