Network Name not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I am currently trying to deploy Windows 7 professional over my network.  After the pc boots from the PXE image that I created it prompts me to the Microsoft Solutions Accelerators (Credentials) page, for network shares.  The error I receive is " Invalid credentials: The network name cannot be found"  I know that I am typing the domain name in correctly and the network is fully functional.  Any suggestions on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated!

bisciglia89

Monday, June 1, 2015 6:37 PM

Answers

• Do you have network drivers in the WinPE boot image?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 8:33 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 8:33 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:17 PM
  • Maybe.  The defaults are Include all network drivers in the selection profile. Personally a better approach is to be a little more strict than that and follow the following best practices.

Take a look at :http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 9:05 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:48 PM
  • If you're on the latest ADK, get your Dell PE drivers here - http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/5029.winpe-5-0-driver-cab

And follow the post at Deployment Reserch, Total control method being the best way.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 9:21 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:53 PM

All replies

• Do you have network drivers in the WinPE boot image?

• Unmarked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 8:33 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:17 PM
  • I have in my deployment share the drivers for the target computer, which is a Dell Latitude E6320.  Is that not the same?  I also have the newest version of ADK installed.
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Oh I read past the network not found.

Are you on the right subnet or vlan, however your network is configured?

If you aren't using a DNS name and the computer you are trying to deploy to is on a different subnet, try changing the UNC path in your deployment share properties to the IP address that your server is on. Like \\129.125.83.10\DeploymentShare$

• Edited by Dan_Vega Monday, June 1, 2015 8:46 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Monday, June 1, 2015 9:00 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:45 PM
  • Maybe.  The defaults are Include all network drivers in the selection profile. Personally a better approach is to be a little more strict than that and follow the following best practices.

Take a look at :http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

• Marked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 9:05 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:48 PM
  • If you're on the latest ADK, get your Dell PE drivers here - http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/5029.winpe-5-0-driver-cab

And follow the post at Deployment Reserch, Total control method being the best way.

• Marked as answer by bisciglia89 Monday, June 1, 2015 9:21 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:53 PM
  • I did not have specific drivers download for PE, i am currently downloading them now and am going to add them to my deployment share.  Will let everyone know if that works.  Thanks for the help and will be in touch soon!
    Monday, June 1, 2015 9:06 PM
  • I think Dan has the more correct solution.

Monday, June 1, 2015 9:09 PM
  • Dan, that is indeed where I download them from, we shall see what happens.  My update of the deployment share always takes long.
    Monday, June 1, 2015 9:22 PM