Adding attachments to a list with anonymous user (MOSS) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am trying to add a list item with an anonymous user.

the list is a custom list that has enabled anonymous access and has enabled
    attachments.

everything works fine, but when i try to add an attachment, i get a windows login prompt!

how would i go about this then?

any help appreciated.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, December 5, 2010 8:53 AM Not accessibility (From:SharePoint - Accessibility (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Jaime3,

After research, I’ve found that is a by design behavior. It is a security consideration about help protect your site from potential script injection attacks. Both document libraries and Lists don’t allow anonymous access users to add documents. You can refer to the following link to pay attention to the last “note�?sentence as the explanation of this phenomenon.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA101130181033.aspx

As a workaround, you can create a shared user account that allows users to add and edit to the document library. Then publicize this account to those anonymous users to use it.

Hope i make sense

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Jaime3,

Follow the below steps after enabled the anonymous access.

1. Site Action-->Site Settings-->Advanced Permissions-->Settings--->Anonymous Access.

Here you can select any of radio button depends on your requirement. In my case i choose "List and Libraries"

Then Go to your library-->Library settings-->Permission for this document library--->Settings--->Anonymous Access--->

Here you can select the Rights as per your requirements.

Hope this will help you

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:12 AM
  • Hello Hemendra,

I can insert elemenst with anonymous user, the problem is when we would add attachments. In this case there is a windows login prompt.

We don´t know what is the problem, and solve this.

Thank´s.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Hi Jaime3,

After research, I’ve found that is a by design behavior. It is a security consideration about help protect your site from potential script injection attacks. Both document libraries and Lists don’t allow anonymous access users to add documents. You can refer to the following link to pay attention to the last “note�?sentence as the explanation of this phenomenon.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA101130181033.aspx

As a workaround, you can create a shared user account that allows users to add and edit to the document library. Then publicize this account to those anonymous users to use it.

Hope i make sense

Thursday, December 2, 2010 7:28 AM
  • Hi Hemendra,

Than´s for the response. I try to solve the problem with a custom form.

Thank´s.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 3:31 PM