none
Skipping TaskSequence causes additional wizards to show RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run a Post OS Installation Task Sequence from an already installed Operating System in order to add some applications.

This works fine when I run litetouch.vbs and select my TaskSequence. (Type: StateRestore.xml / Post OS Installation Task Sequence).

When In try to start the litetouch.vbs with the parameters /TaskSequenceID:MYTS and /SkipTaskSequence:YES it will skip the selection part, it will show wizard pages which are not port of this Task Sequence at all.
    The machine now prompts for a computer name and the regional settings.

What is wrong here?
    I am using the current MDT 2013 U1 build but had this problem with 2013 RTM, too...

Monday, December 21, 2015 10:29 AM

Answers

• There is processing done on the task sequence selection page that determines what later pages are displayed.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Marked as answer by oriooff Monday, December 21, 2015 11:35 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi

In your customsettings.ini you have to set the wizard page you don't want to se to false:

Here is and example:

SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerName=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    UserDataLocation=AUTO
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    DeploymentType=NEWCOMPUTER
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    SkipApplications=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipSummary=YES
    SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    SkipCapture=NO
    DoCapture=NO
    SkipFinalSummary=NO
    UILanguage=0406:00000406
    InputLocale=0406:00000406
    SystemLocale=0406:00000406
    UserLocale=0406:00000406

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
     If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:08 PM
  • That would probably interfere with some other things ;)

I still don't understand why the pages are shown when I skip the selection?
    It behaves like a regular Post OS installation task sequence (just selecting the applications) when I don't try to skip it.
    When I skip the task sequence selection, it behaves like a full Operating System deployment sequence.

I'll try to add some more Skip-Options as parameters tomorrow and make sure it selected the correct sequence. Logs should be able to indicate this already...

Monday, December 21, 2015 9:15 PM
  • There is processing done on the task sequence selection page that determines what later pages are displayed.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Marked as answer by oriooff Monday, December 21, 2015 11:35 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 9:39 PM
  • Thanks then it should work to pass additional parameters.
    Whereas it would be no option to make some adjustments in the TaskSequence...

Would you consider this a bug or a missing feature?
    Will dig a bit into the code when I got some time.

Monday, December 21, 2015 11:37 PM
  • You could certainly file a connect bug on it.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:24 AM
  • The workaround seems to do quite fine.
    I am using an additional rules-file as I want to bypass the database for this.

\\UNC\LiteTouch.vbs /rulesfile:NoDB.ini /TaskSequenceID:ADDAPPS /SkipTaskSequence:YES

NoDB.ini contains:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=N
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipComputerName=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    UserDomain=contoso.com

If I don't want to bypass the database I pass along most of these parameters.

\\UNC\LiteTouch.vbs /TaskSequenceID:ADDAPPS /SkipTaskSequence:YES /SkipComputerName:YES /SkipDomainMembership:YES /SkipLocaleSelection:YES /SkipTimeZone:YES

Works as expected :)

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:46 AM