none
Unseen Job List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Im using Microsoft DPM 2010 and configured two servers in one protection group.
    I've configured/added only two servers, the first has the DPM installed onto, and installed the agent on the second. The schedule is set to run by 6pm after office hours, however, in Jobs tab, under monitoring, I can only see one server on the Today's jobs and the other one is not shown on the task.

Do I need co-location enabled? As I understand co-location is only needed if there are two or more protection groups configured to backup onto a single backup library (disk or tape)
    Hope you can help me with this. Thank you in advance.

using:
    -HP LTO4 tape / drive
    -DL 380g5 server (physical)
    -Win2008 server r2

best regards,

KT - Qatar

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If the two servers in the PG are in the same timezone, but have different daylight savings settings, then the DPM scheduler will overwrite one schedule with another.  The only workaround is to place them in seperate protection groups.  Simply changing the daylight savings time settings on the protected server itself will not fix the problem because time zone information in the DPM DB is static from the time the agent is installed on the PS.

To verify if that is your problem run this from a command prompt - if the timezones are the same but the daloghtbias is different, theh that is the issue, so place the servers in seperate PG's:

osql -E -S localhost\MSDPM2010 -d DPMDB -Q " Select svr.ServerName, svr.serverid, tz.Description, tz.DaylightName, tz.DaylightBias from tbl_AM_ServerTimeZone tz join dbo.tbl_AM_Server svr on tz.ServerId = svr.ServerId"

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:49 AM