none
MIM 2016 Service and Portal - Error when trying to install hotfix rollup 4.5.286.0 (KB4469694) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I'm getting the following error when trying to apply hotfix 4.5.286.0 to the MIM Portal Server:

"PowerShell 1.0 or better was not detected on this machine.  Please install PowerShell and run this installer again".  

I obviously have PowerShell installed so I'm baffled as to why I'm getting this error.  I tried to run the Repair option for the existing version installed on the machine, however I end up with the same error.

Any suggestions?  I really would like to avoid having to reinstall and start all over again...

Thanks,

Christian

Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Phunklounge - I found this article regarding an antiquated reg key that lets installers know if powershell is installed on the machine:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powershell/2009/06/25/detection-logic-for-powershell-installation/

I think you could bypass this error if you add the following key:

• To check if any version of PowerShell is installed, check for the following value in the registry:

• Key Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1
      • Value Name: Install
      • Value Type: REG_DWORD
      • Value Data: 0x00000001 (1)

• Marked as answer by phunklounge Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:36 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Phunklounge - I found this article regarding an antiquated reg key that lets installers know if powershell is installed on the machine:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powershell/2009/06/25/detection-logic-for-powershell-installation/

I think you could bypass this error if you add the following key:

• To check if any version of PowerShell is installed, check for the following value in the registry:

• Key Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1
      • Value Name: Install
      • Value Type: REG_DWORD
      • Value Data: 0x00000001 (1)

• Marked as answer by phunklounge Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:36 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:34 PM
  • That worked, thanks Topazviper!
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:36 PM