Is possible to configure exception for Org. Maximum Recipients config. for specific users? RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello to all. I have an Exchange 2007 Org. where all messaging servers are on version 2007, DCs are 2008R2 and need to know if its possible:

configure exception for specific users to override Org. Maximum Recipients config. so these users can send e-mail containing more recipients than specified on Org. Maximum Recipients config.

Thanks in advance, EEOC.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:42 PM

Answers

• Perhaps you're too restrictive in setting the organizational limits? Or perhaps you haven't considered using a distribution group (or several distribution groups)?

If this is an organization that's been updated for a long time perhaps you have "global" limits that aren't obvious?

Consider setting a much larger organizational limit and then restricting it on connectors (e.g. the receive connector you use for e-mail inbound from the Internet).

You haven't said what limits you impose, or at what level. Nor have you said why individuals feel they're entitled to exceed those limits.

You're really asking a "design" question without stating the goals.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, October 21, 2013 6:42 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my known, there is no way to do it.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 3, 2013 6:39 AM
  •    Hello Cara, I believe there is a way out. Check the article below (not as I thought, but it's acceptable):

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchangept/archive/2007/08/02/define-recipient-limits-in-exchange-2007.aspx

Regards, EEOC.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:04 AM
  • Not really. Refer to this URL:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124345(v=exchg.141).aspx

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:48 AM
  •    I believe it works, check the following phrase from the refered URL sent by you: " User level limits take precedence over other message size restrictions."

Regards, EEOC.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:28 AM
  • And:

"The exceptions for the user limits only apply to message exchanges between authenticated users."

Friday, October 11, 2013 1:05 AM
  •    You are right and this is what is important for me, i.e. users can not send e-mail to several recipients inside his/her own Exchange Org.

Regards, EEOC.

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:35 PM
  • Perhaps you're too restrictive in setting the organizational limits? Or perhaps you haven't considered using a distribution group (or several distribution groups)?

If this is an organization that's been updated for a long time perhaps you have "global" limits that aren't obvious?

Consider setting a much larger organizational limit and then restricting it on connectors (e.g. the receive connector you use for e-mail inbound from the Internet).

You haven't said what limits you impose, or at what level. Nor have you said why individuals feel they're entitled to exceed those limits.

You're really asking a "design" question without stating the goals.

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, October 21, 2013 6:42 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 9:37 PM