Need Help fixing I/O Error 0x8007045D on Vista Home Premium SP2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm using a Gateway laptop:  Processor:  Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz  1.60 GHz; RAM: 2GB; System Type:  32-bit OS

I'm getting the error on my external drive:  WD 10EADS External USB drive.

The majority of the messages I've been reading are from people who are doing backups, but I'm not.  I'm selecting specific folders to move to my external and I don't always get this error, but I get it enough times that I can't get all my data moved over. 

I have already run a dskchk on the drive and it had no errors; I've already run a complete anti-virus scan (using NOD32) and it had no viruses; I've also run Registry Mechanic and had no errors on the drive. 

I don't know what else I can do to get it to work properly.  The warranty is already expired, so I can't return it or exchange it. 

Can someone please suggest something else that I can try?  I can't move my files off my laptop and this is really annoying.  The total size of the files I'm trying to move is 33GB's BUT I'm NOT doing it all at once.  I'm breaking it up in smaller increments, usually less that 2GB's. 

Thank you for reading this.  I hope someone can offer me some assistance.

Barbara

Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:54 PM