none
MDT Failure 5496 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have 2 Dell OptiPlex 7010. PCs. We would like to deploy Windows 8.1 OS on both of them. We use offline USB media.

The deployment is on the first PC installation successful but on the second machine is always wrong.

We got Failure 5496 ( LoadControlFile.FindFile allications.xml ) error.

Thanks,

KA

Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:25 AM

All replies

• Are you using the same USB offline media to build both machines, or different USB drives?

Is it fully offline install, or just boot media?

Have you confirmed that both machines use exactly the same hardware? You can use the following command in a command prompt to verify that they are exactly the same model.

wmic csproduct get name

Steven Hodson | http://www.stevenhodson.com | @_hodders <br/>
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:08 AM
  • We started from the original DVD media and created partition with GUI. Then we booted from USB stick and task sequence have run completed. It seems to make partition doesn't work correctly in some cases from TS.
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 11:51 AM
  • Just to confirm - did you start both machines from DVD media and create the partition in the GUI - or just the one that failed?

I think you need to review the settings in the Task Sequence relating to Format and Partition Disk.

If possible, can you provide some screenshots of the Format and Partition Disk steps and/or the contents of the OSDLOGS - see this blog post for details of where the logs can be found

Steven Hodson | http://www.stevenhodson.com | @_hodders <br/>
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:25 PM
  • Failure is random. I replaced the HDD  and put on the "good machine" where the TS ran successfully.

Maybe BIOS configuration. I am confused.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:40 PM
  • Can you post your BDD.log and smsts.log (all iterations of smsts.log) to something like OneDrive and share it?  The issue is some xml file is not able to be found for some reason. If it is the same USB media used to install on both it would seem that the second machine has some difference. Whether that difference is a hardware failure or something I don't know. However logs will help.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 3, 2015 12:10 AM