locked
Unable to push content to one of my Distribution Point RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all

    Im currently migrating a site from SCCM 2007r3 to 2012Sp1. I'm in the middle of installing a DP as I want able to migrate it with the wizard. The DP is also a domain controller for the site

    I removed all the packages, deleted the site server, gathered new info from the migration sync so it wasn't listed in the new environment, uninstalled the sccm client and reinstalled the new sccm client, installed a new site server with a distribution point roll and selected to configure IIS, using a computer account. etc

    Now when I try to distribute content to it, it errors out. I can see the data moving to the directories created and the transfer over the wire.

    the pkgxfermgr.log file gives me this

    Performing preactions package AU100024, Distribution point CHATFS01.corp.coffey.com.au SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:02 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    Sending legacy content AU100024.2 for package AU100024 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    Redistribute=0, Related= SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    Not copying: configmgr2012ac-sp1-kb2854009-x64.msp SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    ExecStaticMethod failed (80010108) SMS_DistributionPoint, AddFile SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    CSendFileAction::AddFile failed; 0x80010108 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    ExecStaticMethod failed (80010108) SMS_DistributionPoint, AddFile SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    CSendFileAction::AddFile failed; 0x80010108 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed; 0x80010108 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed; 0x80010108 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
    Notifying pkgXferJobMgr SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)
     Sending failed. Failure count = 1, Restart time = 3/08/2013 3:43:03 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 3/08/2013 3:13:03 AM 7096 (0x1BB8)

    I have tried installing the site server with a service account which had Domain Admin rights but it's still a no go.

    smsdpmon.log on DP

    reply has no message header marker SMS_Distribution_Point_Monitoring 3/08/2013 3:39:29 AM 4512 (0x11A0)
    Failed to send status message (80004005) SMS_Distribution_Point_Monitoring 3/08/2013 3:39:29 AM 4512 (0x11A0)
    Error sending status message to management point(s) 'http://AUPRDSCCM01.corp.coffey.com.au' (port 80) from remote DP. Verify management point(s). (code 0x80004005) SMS_Distribution_Point_Monitoring 3/08/2013 3:39:29 AM 4512 (0x11A0)
    CSMSDPMonitoring::ReportStatusMessage failed; 0x80004005 SMS_Distribution_Point_Monitoring 3/08/2013 3:39:29 AM 4512 (0x11A0)

    sms_packet_transfer_manager

    Package Transfer Manager failed to update the package "AU100024", Version 2 on distribution point CHATFS01.corp.coffey.com.au. Review PkgXferMgr.log for more information about this failure.

    Possible cause: Site server does not have sufficient rights to the source directory.
    Solution: Verify that the site server computer account has at least Read access to the directory you specify as the source directory.

    Possible cause: There is not enough disk space available on the distribution point.
    Solution: Verify that there is enough free disk space available on the distribution point.

    I have a secondary site and another DP which doesn't have any issues.

    Friday, August 2, 2013 5:47 PM

Answers

  • Hi all..

    I forgot about this post as it's been awhile. The Primary site was in the Domain Admin group previous to starting the installation but I created a service account to do these installations just in case.

    The server eventually started working after it was retrying the package for 10 hours. :S. When looking over the logs, it seemed to setup the last portions of IIS to finish off the installation. I have no idea why it took so long to finish the process but I did a number of restarts, etc

    I think the server has weird WMI issues as I've done 30+ more servers since with the same configuration and haven't had an issue.

    Thanks for the reply anyways.

    • Marked as answer by -DeNMaN- Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:12 AM

All replies

  • Did you make the site server a local admin of the DP server?

    Jay Parekh

    Monday, September 16, 2013 5:01 PM
  • You can't in this case. There is no local admins group on a DC. You should temporarily make the computer account of the Primary Site server a member of the Domain Admins group until the upgrade is finished.


    Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

    Monday, September 16, 2013 5:58 PM
  • Hi all..

    I forgot about this post as it's been awhile. The Primary site was in the Domain Admin group previous to starting the installation but I created a service account to do these installations just in case.

    The server eventually started working after it was retrying the package for 10 hours. :S. When looking over the logs, it seemed to setup the last portions of IIS to finish off the installation. I have no idea why it took so long to finish the process but I did a number of restarts, etc

    I think the server has weird WMI issues as I've done 30+ more servers since with the same configuration and haven't had an issue.

    Thanks for the reply anyways.

    • Marked as answer by -DeNMaN- Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:12 AM