IE 8 flashes back up on the screen after minimizing. Any ideas? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a windows 7 machine. Basically after minimizing the IE8 window, it will periodically flash back up on the screen and then disappear. It does not happen all the time. Any idea's will be helpful. Thanks
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:15 PM

Answers

• Just wanted to let you know. I did try the clean boot, but it still happen. I asked the user to try using firefox for a few days and the problem did not happen. We have since updated to IE9 and so far no issues. Thank for trying to help me out.
    • Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Monday, April 25, 2011 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:21 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is very strange. Have you enabled the Aero effect? One of the Aero effect feature which is named Peek can preview the window in full screen.

Also, you may check this in Safe Mode or Clean Boot. This will eliminate the 3rd application’s cause.

If the issue still happen, please re-set the IE for a test.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:10 AM
  • I ran the aero test. Everything seems ok. I did reset IE options before. I tried that again but it is still happening. I'm thinking about updating to IE 9 or reinstalling IE8. Our company has not updated everybody to IE9 yet, we are still testing in our IT dept. Do you have any other suggestions?

Friday, April 8, 2011 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the Clean Boot? Please follow the link below to determine whether the 3rd party software cause this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:18 AM
  • Just wanted to let you know. I did try the clean boot, but it still happen. I asked the user to try using firefox for a few days and the problem did not happen. We have since updated to IE9 and so far no issues. Thank for trying to help me out.
    • Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Monday, April 25, 2011 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:21 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:24 PM