iTunes 64-bit for Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Having trouble installing iTunes 64-bit on to my PC.  I'm running windows vista 64-bit but keep getting the following error:

The windows installer service could not be accessed.  This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode,
    or if the windows installer is not correctly installed.  Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.  I've tried all sorts of fixes with no resolution.  I'm sure I'm missing something easy.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:42 PM

Answers

• Run the services MMC snapin (services.msc) and find the Windows Installer service. Make a double click on the entry and make sure the start type is set at least to "on demand" and not disabled.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Friday, February 4, 2011 9:34 AM
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:06 PM
  • Can you install other programs with Windows Installer? You may disable antivirus and check the result. If the issue persists, download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and remove entries of iTunes. Then install iTunes again.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Leon Liu - MS Monday, February 14, 2011 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:26 AM

All replies

• Run the services MMC snapin (services.msc) and find the Windows Installer service. Make a double click on the entry and make sure the start type is set at least to "on demand" and not disabled.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Friday, February 4, 2011 9:34 AM
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:06 PM
  • Can you install other programs with Windows Installer? You may disable antivirus and check the result. If the issue persists, download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and remove entries of iTunes. Then install iTunes again.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Leon Liu - MS Monday, February 14, 2011 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:26 AM
  • I could not find anything helpful to trobleshoot the iTunes 10 on Wind 7 installation. Can anyone help please?
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 11:59 AM