The string was not recognized as a valid datetime,there is unknown word starting at index 18 RRS feed

• Question

• win7 : The string was not recognized as a valid datetime,there is unknown word starting at index 18

POP UP message on windows 7 screen

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:49 AM

Answers

• when do you get the message? An application tries to convert a string (test) into a date format which fails. if it happens at startup you can use msconfig.exe or AutoRuns from Sysinternals to disable tools running at start to isolate which tool shows you the message. You can also use ProcessExplroer, click on the Cross-hair, and move it to the message. Process Explorer now shows you which application is the owner process.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, February 28, 2011 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:49 PM

All replies

• when do you get the message? An application tries to convert a string (test) into a date format which fails. if it happens at startup you can use msconfig.exe or AutoRuns from Sysinternals to disable tools running at start to isolate which tool shows you the message. You can also use ProcessExplroer, click on the Cross-hair, and move it to the message. Process Explorer now shows you which application is the owner process.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, February 28, 2011 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:49 PM
  • you can use msconfig.exe or AutoRuns from Sysinternals to disable tools running at start to isolate which tool shows you the message. You can also use ProcessExplroer, click on the Cross-hair, and move it to the message. Process Explorer now shows you which application is the owner process.

msconfig is a nice tool, I added a link to it to the "VAIO gateway" (a variant of the former "quick launch" feature created by Sony) for my less than ten favourite applications.  As long as msconfig does what I want I won't use the relatively complex autoruns for windows 7.

Apologies to sunelchandraoli, I don't intend to hijack your thread, but obviously Andre knows how to use and install Sysinternals tools on windows 7 - something I did not yet manage as wanted.  So far I tested the mentioned Process Explorer and TCPview.  Now when I start TCPview I always have to confirm that it can use "admin rights" to run.  For many programs I'm willing to tolerate this, but for Process Explorer and TCPview I want to get rid of the manual confirmation, how can I do this?

The SysInternals  are shipped as ordinary EXE-files in a ZIP-archive without an installer, and my idea "simply create a sysinternals subdirectory in the programs folder" might be incomplete.  Do I have to change a security property when I want to run Sysinternals without confirmation?  After all TCPview is relatively harmless, nothing like say regedit...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:00 PM