[SOLVED] - Aero Peek does not display the thumbnail images for Powerpoint. RRS feed

• Question

• I won't go into great detail as this has already been discussed.  I'm merely following up on this older post from last November

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7desktop/thread/8ea5e3ad-2081-45b0-988d-7c0ece206314?prof=required

Pursuant to Ramesh_Kumar's response, and further 'confirmed' by Chris.H marking the response as the answer, this appears to be a Win 7 + Office 2007 Powerpoint bug.  I understand that, apparently, at this point in time there is no known solution.

All of this I'm OK with, but what I'd like to know is whether or not Microsoft has a KB article, blog, or some other official website or channel where this issue (and others potentially) are acknowledged as 'bugs' they have yet to work through.  Does such a thing exist?

• Edited by JuliusPIV Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:40 PM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

• Here's the official answer from Microsoft:

"...there is a bug that’s been created for this issue where the icons in the taskbar are not viewed properly. This was a problem  with windows 7 and office 2007. But it’s been fixed in office 2010. So please let me know if you have any other concerns on this, I would be more than happy to work with you on this."

THere's no KB article for this and they're unable to send me any technical information from their issues/services database.

The solution is to upgrade to 2010.  Unfortunately this is not something we can do at this time in our environment, but its a minor problem we can deal with.

• Marked as answer by JuliusPIV Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Julius,

Offered this on another post  of yours:  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2259539

Saturday, September 18, 2010 10:17 AM
  • Thanks again for the response both here and in the other post.

I tried that as well as http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2028560 but I haven't seen an improvement yet.

Also, to confirm it wasn't something unique to our image, I was able to reproduce the same PowerPoint peek issue on

• Vanilla Windows 7 with all OS updates and a normal installation of Office 2007 with no Office updates
    • Vanilla Windows 7 with all OS updates and a normal installation of Office 2007 with  all Office updates

I'll be opening a case with Microsoft to see if they can confirm this is a 'known' issue in their services database.  If it is a bug, then the case would be no charge to our Premier agreement.

Will update as I find more information.

Monday, September 20, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Here's the official answer from Microsoft:

"...there is a bug that’s been created for this issue where the icons in the taskbar are not viewed properly. This was a problem  with windows 7 and office 2007. But it’s been fixed in office 2010. So please let me know if you have any other concerns on this, I would be more than happy to work with you on this."

THere's no KB article for this and they're unable to send me any technical information from their issues/services database.

The solution is to upgrade to 2010.  Unfortunately this is not something we can do at this time in our environment, but its a minor problem we can deal with.

• Marked as answer by JuliusPIV Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:42 PM
  • Sorry to hear that. I suppose one day an update will appear.

Thanks for the information.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:51 AM
  • Id like to resurrect this thread as i have come to a dead end in searching online for any information that may help with the issues i'm currently having on Office 2010 Professional Plus and filesite 8.5. From what i have read so far and been able to find it claims that the issue has been resolved in office 2010 i however don't believe that to be the case as I am currently experiencing the same exact issue that is being described in all the posts i have come across. this is happening with PDF documents being grouped with  microsoft outlook when opening the document from within outlook's filesite structure the attachments open up in the taskbar under the Outlook Icon.

Is there any update to this and/or anyone out there that is currently using office 2010 pro plus that can maybe chime in.

I appreciate any help or direction in getting this resolved.

thank you!

-m

Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:56 PM
  • Id like to resurrect this thread as i have come to a dead end in searching online for any information that may help with the issues i'm currently having on Office 2010 Professional Plus and filesite 8.5. From what i have read so far and been able to find it claims that the issue has been resolved in office 2010 i however don't believe that to be the case as I am currently experiencing the same exact issue that is being described in all the posts i have come across. this is happening with PDF documents being grouped with  microsoft outlook when opening the document from within outlook's filesite structure the attachments open up in the taskbar under the Outlook Icon.

Is there any update to this and/or anyone out there that is currently using office 2010 pro plus that can maybe chime in.

I appreciate any help or direction in getting this resolved.

thank you!

-m

We're running Office 2010 Pro Plus with FileSite 9.x - I can try to run through some tests next week.

Also: I highly recommend starting a new thread for this, and link it here in the event others with the same or similar issue find this one.

• Edited by JuliusPIV Thursday, March 12, 2015 6:34 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 6:31 PM
  • I had created a new thread shortly after I replied to both of yours i'm going to do some of the steps they suggested and then report back on the thread titled "[VENDOR BUG] AND OFFICE 2010 issue Taskbar grouping Outlook 2010 and other applications grouping together." <- searching for this will lead you to the current thread.

I am unable to post hyperlinks because I need to be verified or something.

thank you

-m

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:04 PM