The font gets missing when copying form Home and student corel x7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I've got a logo done in corel, but any time I tried to copy it to word, the font gets missing. It's strange, because I can find exactly the same font in both programs. The font is Hobo std and it's OTF.

Thaks

Saturday, June 6, 2015 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi marshal.mon,

Based on your description, could you tell me if this issue only appeared with the fonts Hobo STD and OTF? Or other fonts still get the same issue?

If this issue appeared in all fonts, I suppose users can’t copy and paste from CorelDraw to Word directly. I suggest you try to export the file as PDF file first.

1. Open CorelDraw file and activate the page containing objects that you need to export.
    2. Select Export from File menu. (File >Export) This will bring up the export dialog box.
    3. Select the desired type of file format you wish to export as.( JPG, TIFF, BMP, EPS etc.) Provide with a path and name for the exported file.
    4. a) To export the entire page - Make sure ‘Selected only’ is unchecked.

b) To export only some part of design or some of the objects from the page - Make sure to select the desired objects from the design and check the ‘Selected only’ check box

1. Click Export button. This will bring up a dialog box. The contents in the dialog box depend on the file type you selected to export as. Enter the information as per your requirements in the dialog box. Normally ‘Last used’ settings and values are retained by DRAW.
    2. Click Ok.

Then convert PDF file to Word file and check if it works fine.

1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
    2. Under the Tools menu, hover over Content Editing, then select Convert File to Microsoft Word Document.
    3. If your PDF contains scanned text, instead of text you can highlight and copy, turn off Optical Character Recognition under settings if you want it to skip over the scanned text.
    4. Pick a name and save location for your file, and hit save.

If the issue still exists, please let me know I’m glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by George123345 Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:52 AM
    Monday, June 8, 2015 8:15 AM