none
Project Server 2010: Custom project Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2010. I want to customize my project site template. Rest i can do easily but there is a place where i need slight help. We are looking to add in a webpart, which i am planning to do it through VS, which will show the projects all pending tasks.

When ever from Project Web App if we click on a specific project only the status and pending tasks of that particular project should come up in its custmozed Project Site. Need help, a bit urgently.

Thanks.

_________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Fahad,

do you need help related to devleopment of webpart which can do this functioanality for you ?

or you need help how to put that webpart on site and create template to be used with every project?

for creation and association of template please follow this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/12/01/how-to-create-a-new-project-server-2010-site-template.aspx

and for your requirement, you dont need to create any webpart using c# or etc.

1. simple create a SSRS report using ProjectUID or ProjectName as a parameter to fetch all the pending tasks of the project.

2. Show that report through reporting webpart on project site.

3. Use Query string URL filter webpart to capture required parameter from URL and to populate data.

and thats it.. all done :)

hope that helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )

• Marked as answer by fodi30 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:45 AM

All replies