none
This computer does not meet the prerequisites for deploying a new operating system RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to execute the Litetouch.vbs file on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM reference system using MDT 2013. I keep getting the following error: "This computer does not meet the prerequisites for deploying a new operating system (1)."

I'm new to using MDT, so I tend to assume that I'm doing something wrong but I can't find any documentation on the required pre-requisites nor any helpful information on that error.

Any insights are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:01 PM

All replies

• Can you post a link to your failed logs?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:53 AM
  • If you're using a VM in Hyper-V, DO NOT use dynamic memory. That should fix it, so that when it makes the memory check it will see the full amount of memory you set aside for the VM.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:07 PM
  • I can't do a link but I can copy and paste some log files. I was able to find

BDD.log

LiteTouch.log

setupact.log

setuperr.log

smsts.log

Are any of those going to be helpful?

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:13 PM
  • I'm using VMware.

There are a decent number of security policies that have to be implemented, I created a new VM with just the basic ISO and none of the extra security measures to see if there was something blocking that. Still got the same error.

I also tried creating a new deployment share in MDT with a new SysPrep & Capture Task Sequence.

Still getting the same issue.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:17 PM
  • Make sure to assign at least 4096MB of RAM and that the virtual HD is big enough for the image you intend to create.

The BDD.log will give the info needed.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:20 PM
  • The VM has adequate RAM and VHD space.

I just installed the CMTrace tool to read the log files and I'm not seeing anything even referencing the Litetouch.vbs file. It's like nothing is ever even logged. I can follow the events where I created the VM and installed the OS and then mapped the network drive, copied the LiteTouch.vbs script to the VM desktop and executed it, then got the error. At that point I installed SCCMtoolkit with CMTrace. \

So when I look at the log file, I can see where I installed the OS, and I can see where I installed the SCCM toolkit, but there's nothing in between signifying the attempted SysPrep and Capture.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:27 PM
  • Also new to MDT...

In my case, copying the entire deployment share to the machine I'm trying to run the litetouch.vbs script from did the trick.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:12 PM