none
IE11 GPO applied on first login user only

Question

• Hi

I did create a domain policy (windows 2012 R2 Domain) to change the internet temp files location and cache size, but i notice that, the policy applied only on the first login user, which mean if another user login to the PC, policy will not applied to his profile, i did gpupdate /force many times, restarted the clients many times, but useless :( , this issue appeared on all common used clients PCs.

Please anybody can help me in that,

thanks alot guys.

Thursday, April 06, 2017 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Please check if GPO is applied or not by running gpresult /h command to view the detail group policy result report when another user logs in the computer.
    If the GPO is not applying, you could check the following article for common reasons to try troubleshooting:
    10 Common Problems Causing Group Policy To Not Apply
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
    And if possible, you could post us the detail group policy settings for troubleshooting.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 07, 2017 2:08 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 10, 2017 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks Wendy for your respond, but Sorry for not reply all this time, because i was very sick and away from the work :(
    issue still not solved, i tried many ways, i did many investigations finally i can summarize the issue like this:

Scenario one:

1) New imaged Client, user login, profile created --> Policy applied without any problem.
    2) second user login to same Client, all the polices applied without problem, except IE Cache policy.

Scenario two:

1) Common used PC with many profiles, if i run Gpupdate /force on it, IE Cache policy will applied only on the current logon account.
    2) Lof off; log on again with a different account, run gpupdate /force, IE Cache policy didn't apply.

attached, policy setting for IE cache which i applied on domain level and it's enforced also and the Policy result, once you will check it you will find that IE 10 one is not applied on second profile, but it's applied on first login only...

Kindly; if anyone can help on this issue.
    Thanks alot for your support.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:32 AM
  • Hi,
    Appreciate for your update, are there any event logs in the event viewer when the GPO is not applied?
    You could use GPSVC Log to capture something which might help us to see what is going wrong, please refer to the following blogs about GPSVC Log and you could follow it to have a try:
    How to enable GPO logging on windows 7 /2008 r2 ?
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/csstwplatform/2010/11/09/how-to-enable-gpo-logging-on-windows-7-2008-r2/
    A Treatise on Group Policy Troubleshooting–now with GPSVC Log Analysis!
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2015/04/17/a-treatise-on-group-policy-troubleshootingnow-with-gpsvc-log-analysis/
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:01 AM
  • Hi again,
    appreciated your quick respond, i created the GPSVC Log,

is it possible to provide me with your email, so i will mail it to you please, because I'm unable to attach it here. 

thanks alot

Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:32 AM
  • Hi,
    I am sorry that we can’t offer us email due to the restriction of company policy, if you need assistance on analyzing the log, you could open up a case with Microsoft Technical Support and they will support you to fix the issue further: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/?ws=support
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:59 AM
  • thanks alot, we will contact them

appreciated your support.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 8:35 AM