While downloading new update software Permission for certain keys are not present RRS feed

• Question

• I am updating my iTunes and while updating many keys iin the registry are not set to me the adminsitrator. I changed them to me. But there are 4 that have me down as the admin and the software says that is still don't have access to that key. I was on with Apple for 6 hours trying to fix this and they said it was over thier head, and that I should contact you. Please help.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How about disabling UAC and your antivirus for testing? You can enable them later. If possible, please load standalone iTunes package, right click the package and run as administrator.

If the issue persists, you can try the following method to reset the permission for administrator.

Reset permission

-----------------------------

a. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

b. Run the package and select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.

c. Create a new notepad, then copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f

subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo =========================

@Echo Finished.

@pause

d. After that, save the file as "reset.bat". Right click the reset.bat and then choose "Run as administrator."

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Robert_Ingram Friday, October 21, 2011 4:03 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How about disabling UAC and your antivirus for testing? You can enable them later. If possible, please load standalone iTunes package, right click the package and run as administrator.

If the issue persists, you can try the following method to reset the permission for administrator.

Reset permission

-----------------------------

a. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

b. Run the package and select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.

c. Create a new notepad, then copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f

subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo Finished.

@pause

d. After that, save the file as "reset.bat". Right click the reset.bat and then choose "Run as administrator."

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Robert_Ingram Friday, October 21, 2011 4:03 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Thank you.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 4:03 PM