none
Can we get an EAC in hours instead of dollars? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i was wondering if we can get an EAC in hours in addition to the dollars value we usually get in the calculation of EVM done in MS PRoject.

one way i can calculate it is by adding the work+work variance columns but i was just wondering if there's already a field tracking at that level.

Thanks,

Friday, April 5, 2013 5:39 AM

Answers

• Just a thought EAC hrs. are initial planned work plus the additional work reported (in actual or remaining or due to change in duration), so it should be baseline work + work variance and not work + work variance, because Work field would be storing the current number of changed work. When costs are not tracked in a project then the method suggested by Rod is widely used.

Sapna Shukla

• Marked as answer by eagle_one34 Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:03 PM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:33 AM

All replies

• No. You can set a resource rate of $1 per hour to get an equivalent or you could divide remaining work by the SPI value to get an estimated Remaining work based on past performance and add it to Actual Work to get a rough estimate at completion. There will of course be a reasonable error variance!

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Friday, April 5, 2013 7:18 AM
  • Just a thought EAC hrs. are initial planned work plus the additional work reported (in actual or remaining or due to change in duration), so it should be baseline work + work variance and not work + work variance, because Work field would be storing the current number of changed work. When costs are not tracked in a project then the method suggested by Rod is widely used.

Sapna Shukla

• Marked as answer by eagle_one34 Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:03 PM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:33 AM
  • Thank you both
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:04 PM