MWORD 2010 trying to print 6x6 envelope? Problems!? Please Help! RRS feed

• Question

• How do you position text to the left most edge of the page while keeping the centered alignment. Basically I am printing on a 6x6 envelope. When putting the envelope in the printer the text cuts off. When printed on regular paper, the text dominates the middle of the page, being the reason why it cuts of the envelope (ie the printer prints it in the center when of a regular sized paper, when my envelope is only 6 inches long.)  I have tried everything. from changing the page layout and margins. Changing the settings to 6x6 envelope. Nothing has worked. No matter how low I can make the margin the text still doesnt start from the edge of the page, it starts about an inch in.  The problem lies in the fact that either Mword or my printer thinks the edge of the page is around an inch in from the left edge of the page. I would like to make the text touching, literally, the most left edge of the page.  This way when I put the envelope inside the printer, I could position around 20 on the leftmost  side of the printer and it would print accordingly. I've tried to position the envelope in the middle of the printer but this is too time consuming and only allows for one to be printed at a time. Oh also when an older version of word was installed the printer printed on the left most side. Ever since MW2010 was installed, this problem has arisen. Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you guys make. 

Thanks again

Moshiach Now
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:21 PM

Answers